Servings: 12 tartlets
150 g margarine
500 ml Cake Flour (250g)
pinch of salt
45 ml iced water
5 large eggs
375 ml cream
salt and pepper to taste
1 red pepper, diced and stir-fried
150 g spinach, washed, chopped and stir-fried
100 g feta cheese, crumbled
For the pastry:
- Measure out margarine and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl and grate the cold margarine into the flour. Dip the margarine in the flour to prevent it from sticking to the grater. Stir the flour and butter together with a tablespoon to coat well.
- Add the water, push together to form a firm dough. Do not overwork. Wrap the dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes before use.
For the filling:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a muffin tray or tartlet cases.
- Roll the pastry out on a floured surface and cut with a large cookie cutter. Neatly place the pastry into the muffin tray and gently push down into each muffin tin.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and cream together. Divide filling into pastry bases. Season to taste. Pour egg mixture over the filling to ¾ Bake for 15-20 minutes until light brown.