15ml basil pesto
1 juice of 1 lime (plus extra juice to sprinkle)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
800g chicken breasts, cut into strips
4 tomatoes, finely chopped
1 onion, half diced and half sliced
1 Chicken Stock Pot
2 red peppers, cut into large strips
8 Wraps (to serve)
- Combine lime juice, garlic, 5 ml oil, origanum, cumin, chopped coriander and basil pesto in a shallow bowl and season with pepper.
- Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate and marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Combine tomato and diced onion in a small bowl and season (to taste).
- Halve and stone avocado, then slice and sprinkle with extra lime juice.
- Heat a frying pan.
- Toss red pepper and onion, sliced in remaining 10 ml oil and fry for 4 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Add chicken and Chicken Stock Pot and cook for 3-4 minutes until brown.
- Toss through red pepper and serve with tomato mixture, avocado, tortillas and extra coriander.
- Serve chicken on top of tortillas or roll the chicken up in the tortilla to make it easier for the children to eat.